Circle City

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dresden Files RPG

2 posters

Letter Writing Party

Dani
    Dani
    Admin

Letter Writing Party Empty Letter Writing Party

Post by Dani Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:28 pm

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Letter Writing Party Empty Re: Letter Writing Party

Post by Admin Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:39 pm

Many people show up Very Happy
    lots of people from Butler's LGBT groups. they love discussing this issue so hard.
    around a dozen theater people come and go, usually in groups of 2-4. they talk about pertinant things, but also drag eachother, and other people in to discussions about 'Terminal' which will be playing at butler in early February, and other plays that are going on in town.
    some political science majors that Dani has classes with show up too. They are here to support the letter writing campagn, but adore playing devils advocate with the LGBT groups. and also talk about the various theories of polisci.
    friends of the family, and a couple other people that know Dani also show up.

over the course of a few (how many?) hours, 40-50 people come and go.
    Dani
    Dani
    Admin

Post by Dani Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:47 pm

dani wrote:Okies, I go help with setup.
    Putting out the glasses, stacking them all fancy like. Find my bracelets and put them somehwere that guests can grab one if they want. Arrange all the form letters on a table, with stamps and envelopes. Provide lots of different colored pens and pencils. Put down a tablecloth that people can write on too. I'm going to encourage them to do so and then offer it as a banner for the big rally happening on the 6th (which it turns out will be postponed due to weather, but I don't know that yet). There will also be posterboard for people to play with if they get bored. Lots of art supplies, but nothing toooo over the top. Colors, for instance, but not glitter. Not yet, anyway.
    There will be packets of information on the ways this law would affect people. Specific sorta "snapshot" dossiers on people who DEFINITELY would be affected living within the community. There will be information on where this law is coming from and suggestions of who to write to.
    People will be expected to write at least a letter, but there will be an almost endless amount of names (with info on who those names are) that they can write to. Dani will be hostess, and will talk about the issues, will flit around making sure people are comfortable, and will be organizing the letters that are completed so that he can put everything together and get them out.
    Labels for the more popular choices to write to have been created for ease of enveloping.
    For the social aspect, people will share stories, talk about why this is important to them, offer up other "important cases" as examples to be mentioned in the letters, and read what they have written (the form letters are great, but the personal touch is best). There will be refreshments and food and lots of rubbing elbows.
    That's the plan.
    So, setting that up.
    Let me know what, if anything, you want from me regarding this.

Dani snaps some pictures of his setup and the waiting punch bowl and cute stacked champagne glasses and exciting bracelets and letter writing tables. He uploads them to facebook, pleased with his day so far. He also sends them to other groups that are working on the HJR-6 stuff.
    Dani
    Dani
    Admin

Post by Dani Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:54 pm

This is the front of the house:
    Letter Writing Party Frontyard_zps72f8abe9

The garage is in back, and the driveway curves around.

If you go in the front door, you come upon the main entryway:
    Letter Writing Party Entryway_zpsaefc3a6b
    Dani
    Dani
    Admin

If one were to go forward(but not up-- under the stairway), they would come to the greatroom.

Letter Writing Party Greatroom_zpsb7ebc11b

(This picture is also the greatroom, but less of it. Give you an idea of how big.  It the area beyond the halfwall [just a different color]
    Letter Writing Party Greatroom2_zps363defd9
    Dani
    Dani
    Admin

Coming into the great room from the entry hall, the fireplace is on the right wall (and another door to the den/Howard's office).
    Across the room are doors leading to the patio, backyard and dock. (pics in backyeard are right to left, as though exiting through glass patio doors).

Letter Writing Party Backyard_zps20c2adce
    Letter Writing Party Deckandwaterview_zps1f20275f

Letter Writing Party Dock_zps5f82ff8c

The garage is also back there, although to the side.
    Letter Writing Party Outsidegarage_zps77936383
    Dani
    Dani
    Admin

Post by Dani Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:55 pm

Past the little half-wall/gate of the great room, one can go straight, left or right.

Assuming entry from the entry hall (fireplace and den to the right, patio straightforward, half-wall to the right):

Opposite the fireplace is the kitchen.
    Letter Writing Party Kitchen3_zps10e7b00d
    Letter Writing Party Kitchen_zps1aa5114f
    Letter Writing Party Kitchen2_zps386781d0

To the left, past the half-wall, in the kitchen space, there is a staircase that goes upstairs.
    (Upstairs will be dealt with later)
    To the right, past the half-wall, in the kitchen space, there is a door to the sunroom.
    Letter Writing Party Sunroom_zpsdf018729

Past the staircase, also on the left, there's a pantry. And in the back on the left is a hall.  The hall leads to a utility room, the bar, and also (further on) to the office (Dani's mother's).

Letter Writing Party Utility_zps9b35ec32
    Letter Writing Party Dunno_zps8bc0519d
    Dani
    Dani
    Admin

Post by Dani Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:57 pm

THE PARTY

The bar is staffed. The kitchen is where food is layed out. The Great Room (with fireplace roaring) is where the main happenings are. Guests are welcome to mill about outside on the patio or to wander into the sunroom. Upstairs, both parent's offices, utility rooms and pantries are off limits. There are two guest bathrooms located on the main level.
    Dani
    Dani
    Admin

Post by Dani Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:58 pm

Dani incorporates the additions from Shelby's packet to his original party setup.
    admin wrote:package is a "Happy Letter Party!" care package from Shelby. It has letters she and people she convinced into doing it did. more stories for you to use. as well as some horror stories where a bill like this has passed. ( i assume there are some places that have.) to serve as incentive to not let that happen to people in our wonderful Nap City. ((nap is a hip, silly nickname for indiaNAPolis
    Dani
    Dani
    Admin

Post by Dani Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:02 pm

The Staff:
    Two housekeepers for the party: Yvette and Maria.
    There is also Edwin.
    There is a groundskeeper, but he's not really involved. Maybe he has parking suggestions?
    There's also a bodyguard, but he's pretty low-key.
    People might meet one or both of Dani's parents, but they're not milling about the whole time either.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:04 am

Asha shows up a bit late with curtis on her arm, she wears...

Letter Writing Party Dresses-club-and-party-dresses-day-to-night-heirloom-lace-dress-emerald-green-shop-moddeals-1

And mingles, mostly chatting with Curtis, but being friendly to Dani's other friends, if anyone asks, we are friends from college and wanted co come support Dani. Curtis will get a strong talking to about please try to act normal. I have my large black handbag with a few guns and knives and my cloak.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:34 am

"Normal. sure. No vampires or demon dogs. I can do that. I think"
    Curtis is torn between walking around with Asha, and eating all the food. crab cakes. he never knew he liked crab cakes. but they are _so_ good.He settles for eating while watching the crowd.
    He also wants to read all the literature, and he'll write a letter.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:40 am

Asha,
    a blond guy with a square jaw, slicked back hair, wearing plaid skinny jeans, a old-western style black button up shirt, and a tie with vertibre going down it approaches you.
    "hey there, sweet heart, I'm Andrew. Isn't this a swinging party?" wink that says he thinks he just made an innuendo

he looks like the same Andrew that took Dani to the Red Room Club. but didn't get in.

---
    BTW, Dani, Andrew has been flirting with anything that looks feminine, but he's not quite as pushy as you would expect him to be. poor guy has learned to be cautious with LGBT folk. Razz
    Dani
    Dani
    Admin

Post by Dani Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:01 am

Admin wrote:Asha,

BTW, Dani, Andrew has been flirting with anything that looks feminine, but he's not quite as pushy as you would expect him to be. poor guy has learned to be cautious with LGBT folk. Razz

Good, I keep an eye on him.
    I also don't let Asha (or Asha and Curtis) get him alone.

Or leave at the same time, later.
    Dani
    Dani
    Admin

Post by Dani Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:04 am

Asha Rayne wrote:Asha shows up a bit late with curtis on her arm, she wears...

Letter Writing Party Dresses-club-and-party-dresses-day-to-night-heirloom-lace-dress-emerald-green-shop-moddeals-1

And mingles, mostly chatting with Curtis, but being friendly to Dani's other friends, if anyone asks, we are friends from college and wanted co come support Dani.  Curtis will get a strong talking to about please try to act normal.  I have my large black handbag with a few guns and knives and my cloak.

"ASHA, OMG, SOoo pretty! Isn't she pretty? Thanks for coming. So, over here we have-" /hostess things. esplains setup.
    "And, if you need to step away, you're welcome to go to my room. I'll let the staff know. The stairs in the kitchen area take you to a walkway that connects to the hall you used last time we were here." muuuuch quieter. "Please don't kill anyone without talking to me. ha-ha." i'm joking. really. no. no, i'm not.
    Dani
    Dani
    Admin

Post by Dani Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:05 am

Admin wrote:"Normal. sure. No vampires or demon dogs. I can do that. I think"
    Curtis is torn between walking around with Asha, and eating all the food. crab cakes. he never knew he liked crab cakes. but they are _so_ good.He settles for eating while watching the crowd.
    He also wants to read all the literature, and he'll write a letter.

Dani offers him drinks to go with his nummy food.
    And he will explain any literature, and keep checking in on him.
    And keep an eye on anyone maybe recognizing him.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:21 pm

Asha makes sure Curtis is distracted by crab cakes, or if he is close enough to hear this next bit she will pull him aside after she finishes with Andrew.

Chuckles at his "innuendo." (Deceit Roll 1)
    "Hi Andrew, it is quite an event, I love your tie!" Asha tries to convey part flirty, part airhead. "So how do you know Dani?"

_._._._

Asha gives Dani a small hug and does a twirl in her dress. At her request about murder she smiles and boops Dani on the nose.
    "Silly swan, murdering people would ruin your event, I am off the clock so to speak, just here as support, not DPS. It really is a nice shin dig, Curtis is eating crab like its endangered, hopefully he is not allergic." Low chuckle. "So how many people here are supernatural? Do you have any other friends that are... strange?" One sided smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:27 am

Asha Rayne wrote:
    Asha makes sure Curtis is distracted by crab cakes, or if he is close enough to hear this next bit she will pull him aside after she finishes with Andrew.

Chuckles at his "innuendo." (Deceit Roll 1)
    "Hi Andrew, it is quite an event, I love your tie!"  Asha tries to convey part flirty, part airhead.  "So how do you know Dani?"

feel free to roll rapport to show just your friendly party side
    "thank you, Miss ...? It was hand screen-printed by an acquaintance. I have the business card in my Camero if you wanted it."
    "I work at an auto body shop as a welder. Make custom car parts, stuff like that. Dani takes good care of he-is his mustang, so he's in the shop a lot."
    "how did you meet our effervescent host?"
    Dani
    Dani
    Admin

Post by Dani Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:59 am

Dani /adores - aDORES/ being "effervescent" ... is good word. =D

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:12 pm

Rapport - 1 (poor)

"Oh you have a Camero, what color is it, I love Camero's. I know him Dani from college."
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:14 pm

obviously you are not just a silly party girl. you love cameros.
    "a co-ed, eh? nice. I could show you my car if you wanted. It's got a custom paint job that's better seen than heard about. We could get out of the cold from showing you the paint job and I could look for that business card. I think i saw it last in the back seat."
    friendly, happy, undressing-you-with-his-eyes smile
    "i don't think i caught your name, sorry, Your eyes are lovely to distraction"

Andrew, he loves the flirting.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Dani wrote:

alcoholic drink?
    It takes him a bit of reading and asking questions to really understand the issue. He seems aware of the idea of gay people, and legistlature, and voting. but not things like civil unions, or how writing letters is something people should do when they can just vote.

roll me alertness Smile
    Dani
    Dani
    Admin

Post by Dani Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:28 pm

Asha Rayne wrote:
    Asha gives Dani a small hug and does a twirl in her dress.  At her request about murder she smiles and boops Dani on the nose.
    "Silly swan, murdering people would ruin your event, I am off the clock so to speak, just here as support, not DPS.  It really is a nice shin dig, Curtis is eating crab like its endangered, hopefully he is not allergic." Low chuckle.  "So how many people here are supernatural?  Do you have any other friends that are... strange?" One sided smile

"Mmm, I've met some people recently, but, not so much here." /vague vague. "Why do you ask?" /spins and talks to a guest. /checks Curtis for signs of allergy. "What's DPS?"
    Dani
    Dani
    Admin

Post by Dani Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:34 pm

Admin wrote:
    Dani wrote:

alcoholic drink?
    It takes him a bit of reading and asking questions to really understand the issue. He seems aware of the idea of gay people, and legistlature, and voting. but not things like civil unions, or how writing letters is something people should do when they can just vote.

roll me alertness Smile

Um, she would ask him what he wants, probably.

straight alertness? 1
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:07 pm

he shrugs at the question. "um. they have apple juice at the church?"

nah, nobody's paying him much attention. some girls and boys have noticed him for being a nice looking guy. but nothing more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:39 am